The American-made All-U-Need is a flat lap machine that is one of the best on the market and has been for over 30 years. Grind, smooth and polish rocks and minerals to make free-form shapes and cabochons for necklaces, earrings, rings and other jewelry pieces. Create flats for larger pieces or on the backs of cabochons. It’s also well-suited for polishing a large variety of natural and synthetic gem material, enamels and metals. The All-U-Need is available in both 6″ and 8″ models and comes with an accessory kit specially designed for grinding, smoothing and polishing rocks and minerals.
The Hi-Tech Diamond All-U-Need lap machine is manufactured with a 1/2″ arbor and powered by a 1/4 hp, heavy-duty, ball bearing, DC motor. This motor is variable speed so you can work at whatever pace you desire, delivering speeds from 800 rpm to 3,400 rpm. This portable machine can be used anywhere. Whether you’re at home, in the shop or on the road, this quiet machine won’t disturb others around you. It’s lightweight, rustproof and impact-resistant, making it even easier to travel with.
The coolant reservoir, which holds about a pint of water, prevents heat buildup while you work and removes dust particles so you don’t inhale any harsh chemicals. That pint of water will give you two to three straight hours of work without refilling. The black splash guard keeps water off you so you don’t get soaked while you work. Cleanup is as simple as it gets: Just remove the black spray shield, rinse with clean water and you’re ready to work again.
- Machine dimensions: 10″ L X 10″ W X 12″ H
- Machine weight: 9 lbs
- Machine housing construction: rustproof, ABS plastic
- Motor type: 1/4 hp variable speed direct drive motor with speeds ranging between 800 rpm – 3,400 rpm
- Country of origin: U.S.A.
- Rock and Mineral Kit
- 180# electroplated diamond lap
- 325# brown diamond smoothing disc
- 600# red diamond smoothing disc
- 1,200# blue diamond smoothing disc
- Tech-11 polishing pad
- 2-gram 14,000# diamond paste syringe
- Four acrylic backing plates
- Machine Includes
- Water kit
- Allen wrench
- Complete written and visual instruction manual
- One-year manufacturer warranty